Registration Is Around the Corner

Course registration for the Fall 2021 semester is on the horizon

Campus News > Registration Is Around the Corner
Registration Is Around the Corner
Beginning April 5, students at the university will have the opportunity to register for summer and fall 2021 courses.
Khali Raymond, Staff Writer

As the midpoint of the semester is wrapping up, it will not be long until spring 2021 concludes. The university has recently announced that course registration for the summer and fall of 2021 will open up beginning April 6.

The registration process will be different as Student Planning, a module in KeanWISE, is the university's newest advising and registration tool that allows students to monitor and plan their academic progress towards degree completion.

Student Planning enables students to search and register for courses, create a comprehensive plan for graduation and communicate with their advisor. The university provides a video on how to use Student Planning.

Students with a high amount of credits and that have been in good academic standing for two consecutive semesters or more are granted priority.

Below is a list of registration dates for the following eligibility groups:

• Tuesday, April 6 for athletes, scholars, veterans and those with disabilities
  • Wednesday, April 7 for students with 100 credits and above & returning freshmen M-Z
  • Thursday, April 8 for students with 90 credits and above & returning freshmen A-L
  • Friday, April 9 for students with 79 credits and above
  • Monday, April 12 for students with 69 credits and above
  • Tuesday, April 13 for students with 56 credits and above
  • Wednesday, April 14 for students with 51 credits and above
  • Thursday, April 15 for students with 44 credits and above
  • Friday, April 16 for students with 35 credits and above
  • Monday, April 19 for students with 29 credits and above
  • Tuesday, April 20 for students with 0 credits and above

All students can register from April 20 to September 7.

Advisement Week takes place from March 22 to April 1. Students are encouraged to set up meetings with their advisors and attend workshops to aid them in getting the most out of their progress.

Before registering for classes, students must ensure there aren't any holds on their accounts. Not doing so can restrict them from completing registration.

If a student has the holds A1 or A2, they should schedule an appointment with their advisor to have the hold removed.

The Financial Obligations Agreement should be completed prior to registration. All obligations in this regard must be fulfilled through Financial Aid or scholarship awards, paying in full or enrolling in a payment plan.

For more information on course registration, students can contact the Office of the Registrar at (908) 737-3463 or by email regme@kean.edu.

Khali Raymond, Staff Writer
raymonkh@kean.edu

Raymond_Khali-web.jpg

Khali Raymond is a senior majoring in English with a writing concentration. He attained his associate's in business administration from Berkeley College - Newark in 2019. In addition to his work as a staff writer, he is also a published author, spoken word artist, musician, activist and is the president of Kean Got Talent, a performing arts club on campus. Khali uses his creativity to overcome all adversity and impact the lives of those around him.