Let’s Get Involved Cougars

Stay connected with all of the service events that are happening throughout this semester

Campus News > Let’s Get Involved Cougars
Let’s Get Involved Cougars
Habitat for Humanity is an opportunity to build homes and friendships through volunteer work.
Jaclyn Lukas, Staff Writer

At Kean University, the students are very adamant about helping out their community and being leaders for the students, faculty and staff within that community. Center for Leadership and Service (CLS) is a connection point for students to get involved and engage themselves on campus. Celebrating citizenship and student involvement with different types of upcoming Service Events.

There are several community and volunteer service events organized each month. These events include but are not limited to: 

• Blood drives 

• Food bank visits 

• Habitat for Humanity 

• Community Garden Cleanup 

• Voter Registration Drives 

This semester CLS has already coordinated the September 11 National Day of Service and Remembrance, the Martin Luther King Jr. National Day of Service and National Volunteer Week. They also have multiple Hunger and Homlessness events coming up that students can track on Cougar Link

Some of the Service Events that are being held this semester include: 

All of these events can be found on Cougar Link for more details on registering or volunteering to help set up/run stations. These events will be held on/around campus or online, this could change due to precautions from COVID, so students should be sure to double check Cougar Link before attending. 

If students have any questions or concerns they can refer to Cougar Link or email the Center For Leadership and Service at serve@kean.edu or by phone at (908) 737-5170. 

Get Involved In The Community Cougars!  

Jaclyn Lukas, Staff Writer

lukasja@kean.edu

Jaclyn Lukas is an English major with a concentration in writing. She joined The Cougar’s Byte staff in Spring 2021. After her time at Kean, Jaclyn hopes to start her professional career in publishing for books or newspapers/magazines.