Farewell Class of 2022!

Class of 2022 is finally Walking Across The Stage

Homepage > Campus News > Farewell Class of 2022!
Farewell Class of 2022!

Photo courtesy of Kean University's Instagram

Alexis Balkissoon, Staff Writer

Time is ticking for our Kean University seniors and the class of 2022 to walk across the stage. It has been a long time coming and many unusual experiences along the way, but they made it.

Many years of college and some being spent virtually through a computer due to a global pandemic. Although limiting some college experience, seniors are finally able to graduate and begin to live the lives that they have continuously built for themselves.

On Thursday, May 19 Kean University's commencement ceremony takes place allowing over 200 seniors to receive their diplomas. 

Senior and business management major (general business) with a minor in Health Education, Ali Beh, gives advice to our underclassmen. “Any advice I would give to underclassmen at Kean is to definitely try to build social connections and network with peers. Not only do you get to learn different perspectives from individuals but it also helps with your health and overall quality of life.” 

Additionally, Beh spoke upon his excitement as this next chapter of life continues, “I am excited to finally use all the tools I gained from Kean over these last few years and showcase it to the real world. Kean has helped me improve my public speaking which is beneficial when working with other people and standing in front of a crowd.” 

While it is saddening to see our seniors go, it was amazing watching them grow and come as far as they have. It is heartfelt as they have watched this university partake in many changes as new generations begin stepping foot onto this campus. 

Psychology major and criminal justice minor, Rhyan Almonacy gave his advice to underclassmen stating “My advice to freshman and sophomores would be to find an organization or friends on campus [that] makes you feel [like] you have a second family. Undergrad can be very difficult and stressful but that second family will be the greatest support system that gets you through the years.” 

Almonacy also shared his enthusiasm upon graduating: “Graduating feels very surreal and it’s sad at the same time as I will miss the events at Kean and running into peers in the hallway while both running to class. I am grateful to all my mentors for the tremendous amount of advice they have given me and I cannot wait to climb higher while I attend law school.” 

Almonacy was accepted into Seton Hall law school, Rutgers law school and Quinnipiac law school. 

This year’s commencement ceremony will be held at 11 a.m at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark, New Jersey. The undergraduate commencement ceremony will take place on May 19 at the Prudential Center in Newark as well.

Furthermore, there will be a Graduate Expo held to help start commencement season on March 3 in the Miron Student Center where graduates will be able to order class rings, caps and gowns. 

Senior Portraits for the 2022 memorabilia yearbook will also be taking place in the Miron Student Center, Room 315 up until March 30. Students can click on this link to find more information on how to schedule an appointment.

Closing off this semester with our graduates walking the stage will be once again, another amazing event going down in the books.

Congratulations to the class of 2022!