Election Day is November 8, 2022. To bring awareness to the importance of voting and the upcoming elections, Kean P.U.L.S.E. Programming Board hosted two “Ballot Ready Day” events on Monday, October 3 and Thursday, October 6. When students entered the East Campus lobby at 3:30 p.m., they were provided with refreshments as well as information and assistance for their voting journey.
Kean P.U.L.S.E. Programming Board (Programming for Unique and Lively Student Experience) is a student-led organization that creates events to strengthen the community on campus. The Ballot Ready Day events promoted involvement whilst also giving students the opportunity to register to vote.
The Kean Voting Squad is one of Kean's many resources that educates students about the importance of voting and voter registration. The voting squad is located in the Human Rights Institute attached to the Nancy Thompson Library.
As given by the New Jersey Voter Information Portal there are important deadlines for those looking to register and vote. The following are important deadlines for all in the Kean community:
- Oct. 18: Voter Registration for General Election Deadline
- Oct. 29 - Nov. 6: Early Voting Period
- Nov. 1: Deadline to apply for a Mail-In Ballot by Mail for General Election
- Nov. 4: Deadline for Application to Receive General Election Mail-In Ballots by Electronic Means for Qualified Overseas Civilian and Military Voter
- Nov. 7 by 3 p.m.: Deadline for In-Person Mail-In Ballot Applications for General Election
- Nov. 8: General Election, Deadline for Post Office Receipt of Mail-In Ballots from the General Election, and Deadline for In-Person Submission of General Election Mail-In Ballots to County Boards of Election
- Nov. 14.: Deadline for Receipt of Timely Mailed Postmarked Mail-In Ballots to County Boards of Election
When it is time to vote on Nov. 8, voters can find a ballot box outside of Wilkins Theatre on Union Campus. Kean Cougars can also find out where to vote through the New Jersey Voter Information Portal.
By voting, Kean students are participating in something that has the potential to impact the nation. It’s never too late to get involved and to utilize one’s right to vote. The world needs more representation from students of higher education in the voting polls. Kean encourages students to get out there and start voting!