Come Out To The 2017 Unity Week Kickoff!

The week of celebrating diversity will be hosted by the Student Government

Campus News > Come Out To The 2017 Unity Week Kickoff!

Unity Week from a previous year

Marcus Van Diver

A week of celebrating community through diversity will start in exciting fashion, as the annual Unity Week Kickoff will take place on Monday, March 13, 2017.

A bookmark on the campus-wide calendar, Unity Week teaches the learning, respect and appreciation of diversity within the campus.

Once again, the event will be hosted by Kean University's Student Organization (full-time undergraduate student government). From 3:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., experience the sights, sounds and flavors of the world.

On this Monday, games, events and other forms of entertainment will be available to students who walk in and out of the Miron Student Center (MSC) Alumni Atrium. Since students share the commonality of partaking in Kean University's world-class education, this will be an event to see what other bonds the Kean community shares.

A variety of different foods from cultures around the world will be served to the public so they can get a taste of the world and the diversity around them. 

Student Organization embraces all of the diversity and culture found on campus and would love to enhance the knowledge of the Kean community.

Those interested are encouraged to broaden their horizons and taste buds with savory food from across the globe. This is a kickoff to another Unity Week that students will never forget!

For more about this unifying week or the kickoff commencing it, find a link to the event on the Student Government of Kean University's official Cougar Link page.

Van Diver Marcus - web

Marcus Van Diver, Staff Writer
vandivem@kean.edu

Marcus Van Diver, a senior majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media, has been a Staff Writer for The Cougar’s Byte since October of 2016. He has aspirations of working in the field of sports media and wishes to be a broadcaster, journalist or radio host for any major news corporation. His hobbies include, reading, exercising and playing sports. He is an avid fan of his New York Giants, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia Phillies and New York Rangers.