Make Way for Kean Day

Meet the clubs and organizations of Kean

Campus News > Make Way for Kean Day
Make Way for Kean Day
Caleb Lopez, Senior Editor

Kean Day is set for Friday, September 8, 2017, and all students are welcomed to attend. Students can meet the myriad of clubs and organizations that will line Cougar Walk from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Many students, both new and returning, are faced with wanting to increase their involvement on campus, yet are not always aware of how to do so. Kean Day serves as an avenue in which students can meet and connect with the clubs and organizations here at Kean University.

Kicking off the events planned for not only the fall semester but the entire 2017 to 2018 academic year, Kean Day plays an essential role in initially notifying students about various ways to get more involved on campus.

After connecting with clubs and organizations, students can opt to join. This will allow students to feel a part of something bigger and to increase their involvement on campus.

In addition to increasing the awareness of the groups and organizations at Kean University, meeting new people is a vital part of this event. Students will be able to befriend individuals who share the same desire of wanting to be more involved.

Kerrin Lyles, the Director of the Miron Student Center Operations and Event Management, is fully aware of the impact that Kean Day has on new and returning students. 

“Kean Day has become an annual event that our students look forward to every fall. As one of the first major events of the semester, our new students have the opportunity to learn about all of the different student groups and organizations that our University has to offer. Kean Day is a fun day where our students can [either] catch up with old friends or meet new ones.”

Both new and returning students should stroll down Cougar Walk and experience the opportunities that come along with Kean Day.

Caleb Lopez - Web

Caleb Lopez, Senior Editor
lopezcal@kean.edu

Caleb Lopez is the Senior Editor of The Cougar's Byte. Caleb joined the staff as a Staff Writer in May 2017. Currently in his junior year, Caleb is a psychology major with a minor in biology. In the rare moments when he is not vigorously studying, Caleb loves to spend his time indulging in sports, music and food—especially Chick-fil-a.