It Is CandleLit

Liberty Hall prepares for Halloween by introducing ghost tours

Campus News > It Is CandleLit
It Is CandleLit

The Liberty Hall Museum presents Candlelit Ghost Tours

Kean University is known for creating interesting events for its students. On Friday Oct. 13, Oct. 20 and Oct. 27, 2017 Liberty Hall will be hosting candlelit ghost tours.

Liberty Hall was the home to New Jersey's first elected governor, William Livingston. Liberty Hall has been around since 1772 and is a silent witness to more than 200 years of American history. 

This landmark has been home to the Livingston/Kean families for many years as well as to governors, senators and congressmen.

One of the events is the candlelit ghost tours, which will be held on Oct. 13, Oct. 20, Oct. 27 and it serves as a Halloween celebration for Kean. It will be a time of mystery, thrill and fun, and guests can look forward to the many wonders of Liberty Halls Ghost Tours.

The Liberty Hall Museum wants guest to feel the thrill of a ghost tour and each guest will be embarking on a guided, candlelit tour while the staff will share their paranormal stories. 

Some stories pertaining to paranormal activity at Liberty Hall deal with record players turning on by themselves and making horrible scratching sounds, sightings of Captain John Kean and a black male roaming around the house and being caught at the last minute.

For students interested, the program time will be from 7 to 9 p.m. with a fee of $20 for adults and $18 for Liberty Hall Museum (LHM) members, Kean Alumni, and students. For children 10 to 16 years of age, the price is $13. 

It is recommended to make reservations by Oct. 4. If anyone has any question please visit http://www.kean.edu/libertyhall/events or call 908-527-0400.