Military & Veterans Club Charity Drives

Join the Military & Veterans Club in its efforts to support veteran charities, Operation Valor and Rebuilding Warriors.

Campus News > Military & Veterans Club Charity Drives
Military & Veterans Club Charity Drives
Brandon Gervais, Editor

Beginning Dec. 9, the Military & Veterans Club will be holding two charity drives. The first is for Operation Valor, a veterans homeless shelter. The second is for Rebuilding Warriors Raffle, a project that helps provide service dogs to veterans. Donations for these projects will be accepted in the Veterans lounge located in Willis Hall room 121.

For Operation Valor, the preferred donations would be sheets, towels, winter clothing, toiletries and books. Thousands of veterans are left homeless after their service. Operation Valor is a 30-room homeless shelter for veterans, helping in the cause of providing shelter to the brave individuals who have served their country. The shelter is also asking for any Kean University professors who are interested, in offering their time to teach classes in resume building, finance coordination and career development at the shelter located in Newark, NJ.

"These are veteran heroes who deserve the best possible assistance available, and I feel we here at Kean can be a big part of that assistance," said Military & Veterans Club President Frank Schupp. "This is the first year for this drive. I have only recently heard about Operation Valor. When I went over there to speak to the program's director, Kevin Rodriguez, I could see he was very passionate about helping vets. After that, all it took was a walk through of their campus and speaking to some of the vets there to see that this was a cause very much worth helping out with."

The Kean University Military & Veterans Club is also working with the Rebuilding Warriors Raffle in selling raffle tickets to raise funds to provide service dogs to disabled veterans. The raffles cost $5 each.

If anyone is interested in assisting the Military & Veterans Club in their efforts to gather supplies and funds for homeless and disabled veterans, donations will be accepted in the Veterans Lounges located in Willis Hall room 121.

Brandon Gervais - web

Brandon Gervais, Editor
gervaisb@kean.edu

Brandon Gervais is a junior English education double major. Brandon works as an Editor for The Cougar’s Byte and originally joined the staff as a Staff Writer in November 2017. He is a part of the Leadership Institute as a Gold leader and has worked as a New Student Orientation Leader. In his free time, he is a performer for a world class independent competitive color guard team and coaches the Union High School Color Guard.