Research By Students

Registration for Research Day has begun

Campus News > Research By Students
Research By Students

Research Day is a wonderful opportunity for students to showcase the research they have completed.

Caleb Lopez, Senior Editor

Research Days is set to take place on April 24-25 in the spring semester of 2018 in the STEM Building, and all students and faculty who are engaging in a research project are encouraged to join. This event has always been a positive experience for students and seeks to continue in such fashion next year. 

Research Days is an awesome event where both students and faculty come together to exhibit their research projects to the university. Through this event, Kean University continues to inspire and spur individuals into contributing to research and the advancement of knowledge.

"Kean Research Days is a campus-wide event that brings together students from all disciplines," said Reenat Hasan, the assistant director of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. "This event provides a platform for students to showcase their research work and creative endeavors. At this event, students are able to present their research to a general audience, share their findings with the campus community and also attend faculty and fellow student oral presentations and poster exhibits on various innovative topics." 

Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to register for Research Days as long as their research is original and supervised by faculty. Oral presentations and posters are some of the permitted styles of presenting research. 

This event not only is a great way for students to display their research, but it ultimately brings students and faculty together. Much of students' academic careers are dominated by faculty teaching and assigning work. Yet on Research Days, students and faculty work together in their research.

"University Research Days celebrates the research and creative work of faculty and students at Kean," Hasan mentioned. "Preference is given to faculty student collaborative projects. Over the years, we have seen an increase in faculty student led research teams. Faculty also serve as advisers on the student led research projects and guide them throughout the process. Hence, this event provides an opportunity for faculty and students to collaborate on interesting intellectual projects."  

Faculty presentations and a keynote speech is scheduled for April 24. Student presentations will take place on April 25. 

Student registration for Research Days is currently open, and it will remain open until Feb. 25. It is important to note that registration may close prior to Feb. 25, depending on whether spots fill up quickly. Thus, students are encouraged to register as soon as possible. To register, click here.

For more information, visit the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs or visit their website.

Caleb Lopez - Web

Caleb Lopez, Senior Editor
lopezcal@kean.edu

Caleb Lopez is the Senior Editor of The Cougar's Byte. Caleb joined the staff as a Staff Writer in May 2017. Currently in his junior year, Caleb is a psychology major with a minor in biology. In the rare moments when he is not vigorously studying, Caleb loves to spend his time indulging in sports, music and food—especially Chick-fil-a.Â