Come Hit the Slopes at Mountain Creek!

The Student Organization of Kean University is hosting a bus trip to Mountain Creek Resort for a day of snowboarding and skiing!

Campus News > Come Hit the Slopes at Mountain Creek!
Come Hit the Slopes at Mountain Creek!

Come join the Student Organization of Kean University as they travel to the Mountain Creek resort in Vernon, New Jersey for a day of snowboarding and skiing! 

Marcus Van Diver

Though the semester has just begun, students can get a break from the books and join Kean's Student Organization for a day of wintry fun, as it hosts a bus trip to Mountain Creek Resorts on Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018. Those who are interested in attending the day-long trip are required to purchase a ticket from the Wilkins Theatre Box Office for the price of $40. 

When purchasing a ticket, a Student Activity Participant Agreement (SAPA) must be given to the ticket salesperson with the $40 payment. The forms can be found on Student Organization's Cougar Link page. Two tickets can be purchased at the box office per one Student ID. On the morning of the day trip, attendees must be present at the Wilkins Theater bus stop at 8 a.m. From there, the attendance will be checked, and the bus will head up to the resort at 9:30 a.m.

Students will be provided all-area access passes that allow them to ride on the small beginner slopes and the larger, more advanced slopes on the mountain. Students do not have to bring their own equipment, as they will be provided rental snowboards or skis for the entire day. Essential snow gear, such as coats, helmets, goggles, and snow pants must be brought separately by the trip's attendees. Meal vouchers will also be given to the students who attend the day trip as well. One meal for a lunch of their choice will be available if slope-goers want to take a short break from the mountain. 

Additionally, lessons will be given at different times throughout the day, and detailed instructions for either skiing or snowboarding will be given to novices about safety and proper riding techniques. Though they will be beneficial to everyone who goes, they are optional for beginner riders who want to learn on the fly. This month, Mountain Creek is specializing in preparing first-time riders for the slopes, as January is the National Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month.

The Mountain Creek resort is the premiere four season board and ski resort in the New York and New Jersey Metropolitan area and is located in Vernon, Sussex County in the northwestern corner of New Jersey. Considered to be the largest board and ski resort in New Jersey, Mountain Creek is also home to the world's tallest and only double-looping water park slide and a variety of lengthy bike trails as temperatures rise in the spring and summer.

Though ticket sales for the bus trip commenced on Wednesday, January 3, 2018, some tickets are still available for purchasing. For more information on filling out the SAPA form, the Student Organization of Kean University's official Cougar link page will have the form available for students to sign. Also, the form can be picked up in the Student Organization's office in room 309 inside the Miron Student Center (MSC).    

Van Diver Marcus - web

Marcus Van Diver, Staff Writer
vandivem@kean.edu

Marcus Van Diver, a senior majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media, has been a Staff Writer for The Cougar’s Byte since October of 2016. He has aspirations of working in the field of sports media and wishes to be a broadcaster, journalist or radio host for any major news corporation. His hobbies include, reading, exercising and playing sports. He is an avid fan of his New York Giants, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia Phillies and New York Rangers.