Find Out How To Get More Involved At Kean Involvement Week 2018!

A week commemorating and recognizing the 170 Kean student organizations starting Monday, Feb. 5, to Feb. 9

Campus News > Find Out How To Get More Involved At Kean Involvement Week 2018!
Marcus Van Diver

Kean University's Involvement Center is hosting an informational campus-wide week for students to learn about the 170 student groups and organizations across Kean's three campuses: Kean Ocean, Kean-Wenzhou. and the Union campus. Titled "Involvement Week", students will be exposed to finding out about the various and diverse organizations on campus. 

Each of these organizations has a unique mission and purpose and contributes differently to the campus community. During this week (Feb. 5 to Friday, Feb. 9) these student groups and organizations will showcase their uniqueness through several activities. Collectively, these organizations hosted more than 1,000 student events last year. 

Whether the events were bake sales hosted by these groups, or charity-driven events to benefit the Kean community and other communities surrounding it, over 52,600 hours of community service were put in by the student body over the past academic year to make the world a better place. 

For students who want to get involved, there are tons of benefits for helping out the Kean community. Learning new things, building a resume, networking, making experiences that last a lifetime and making new friends all factor into students wanting to participate in helping the campus outreach.

The following events are:

• Monday, Feb. 5 - Involvement Center Day! - The opening of 2018's Involvement Week, this day is devoted to students and faculty finding information on how to enhance one's involvement on campus. Games, snacks, activities and an assortment or prizes will be available to those who visit the Involvement Center's main office in Room 303 in the Miron Student Center (MSC) as well as the MSC Atrium from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Tuesday, Feb. 6 - Student Involvement and Employment EXPO! - Students that are looking to get started on their involvement but have little idea exactly where to start are encouraged to attend this event held in the MSC Atrium from noon to 4 p.m. Students can get to know an organization or on-campus occupation and what they do, while kickstarting their involvement on campus through networking.
  • Wednesday, Feb. 7 - Shazam IT!: Involvement Center Edition - From 6 to 9 p.m. in the Little Theater located in the Miron Student Center, members of the student body can test out their musical recognition skills in a game of guessing students' favorite songs through the decades. More networking opportunities will be possible as multiple student organizations will attend the show.
  • Thursday, Feb. 8 - The Escape Room! - The Involvement Center will be hosting another event later in the week: their very own Escape Room! From 4 to 6 p.m., students will arrive at MSC Room 303, placed in teams of four to six people, and locked in the Involvement Center. Multiple riddles, trivia games, and clues must all be picked up and solved if they are to find the key and escape!
  • Friday, Feb. 9 - Get Your Heart Involved! - Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and in Room 9, the MSC Greek Lounge, students can create their own Valentine's cards for someone special in their lives. The finale of Involvement Week will have accompanying music and the company of others. This event will last from noon to 4 p.m.

For more information on Involvement Week, and on involvement in general, do not hesitate to reach out to the Involvement Center for questions. Their office is located on the third floor of the MSC in Room 303. Cougar Link is also another way to find out about different organizations and events on campus. Also, contact the Involvement Center at their phone number (908) 737-5270 for more assistance.

Van Diver Marcus - web

Marcus Van Diver, Staff Writer
vandivem@kean.edu

Marcus Van Diver, a senior majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media, has been a Staff Writer for The Cougar’s Byte since October of 2016. He has aspirations of working in the field of sports media and wishes to be a broadcaster, journalist or radio host for any major news corporation. His hobbies include, reading, exercising and playing sports. He is an avid fan of his New York Giants, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia Phillies and New York Rangers.