Come See KGT!

Join the Leadership Institute for a night of charity and performance at the annual Kean's Got Talent Show

Campus News > Come See KGT!
Come See KGT!

Don't miss out on an excited night in the MSC Little Theatre!

Brandon Gervais, Staff Writer

Hosted by the Leadership Institute, Kean's Got Talent is an event produced by the leaders of the Silver Leadership Program to promote charity and the talented students at Kean University. Kean's Got Talent will take place Thursday, April 5 from 7 to 10 p.m. All proceeds will be going toward the Children's Specialized Hospital in Mountainside, New Jersey.

Kean's Got Talent is an annual talent show that gives students at Kean the opportunity to showcase their talents and compete for prizes. There will be three categories: singing, dancing and freestyle. The freestyle category is for all talents that do not fall under the singing or dancing categories.

The grand finale of the Kean's Got Talent show is the lip sync battle! There are four teams with one Kean student and one Kean staff member, each looking for donations toward the Children's Specialized Hospital of Mountainside. The team that receives the most donations will do a lip sync performance at the end of the Kean's Got Talent event! 

The Leadership Institute is a four-year program that offers leadership certification to a select group of students who apply. The program works in levels from T2K Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. 

The Silver Leadership Program is the second level of the Leadership Institute. The goal of the Silver Leadership Program is to increase a student's ability to succeed and contribute to the Kean University student community as leaders. It focuses on group values as well as collaboration, common purpose and controversy with civility. 

Kean's Got Talent is also still looking for performers! If you are interested in showing your talents to the Kean community, contact the Leadership Institute! For more information on Kean's Got Talent, contact the Leadership Institute by visiting the Miron Student Center, Room 215 or by emailing

Brandon Gervais, Staff Writer

Brandon Gervais is a freshman English education double major. Brandon works as a Staff Writer for The Cougar’s Byte as of November 2017. He is a part of the Leadership Institute as a Bronze leader. In his free time, he enjoys reading and competitive indoor color guard. After his years at Kean, he hopes to become a high school teacher and coach color guard.