Kean University Greek Senate won two awards from the Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA) Conference in Pittsburgh. The awards won were for the Organizational Development and Membership Recruitment awards. This is the fourth consecutive year that Kean's Greek Senate has received recognition from the NGLA.
The Northeast Greek Leadership Association is an organization that promotes and empowers the Greek community of the northeast and wants to provide Greek organizations with educational experiences to improve them.
Kean University once again was able to win the membership recruitment and intake award. This can be credited to all of the efforts by the Greek organizations on campus as well as events that promote Greek Life at Kean like Meet the Greeks. Fraternities and sororities are always holding different events to get more and more members to rush. The biggest opportunity for rushing is the semester annual Meet the Greeks event hosted by the Center for Leadership and Service.
The Greek Senate at Kean University also has won an award for Organizational Development. This award is a nod to the Greek Senate's efforts and the functionality of the organizations at Kean.
Each award the Kean University Greek Senate has received from the Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA) over the years has been special and encouraged the Greek community to continue to strive and be the best in the northeast.
Previous awards include:
- Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA) 2017 Amy Vojta Impact Award: Academic Achievement Award - Kean University
- Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA) 2017 Amy Vojta Impact Award: Membership Recruitment/Intake Award - Kean University
- Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA) 2015 Amy Vojta Impact Award: Chapter Development and Leadership Award - Greek Senate
- Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA) 2015 Amy Vojta Impact Award: Risk Reduction Honorable Mention - Greek Senate
- Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA) 2012 Amy Vojta Impact Award: Philanthropy and Service Award - Greek Senate
The Greek Senate at Kean is under the Office of the Center for Leadership and Service. The goal of the senate is to promote and advise the cooperation between Greek organizations on campus through various activities and programs. They work with Kean University's 14 sororities, 15 fraternities and one co-ed Greek Organization to promote Greek life and service to the community.