Timeless Fashion and Fun at Liberty Hall

Ladies' Night Out: A Night of Vintage Fashion will make its annual trip to Liberty Hall

Campus News > Timeless Fashion and Fun at Liberty Hall

The Liberty Hall Museum will feature their annual historical fashion show, "Ladies Night Out: A Night of Vintage Fashion" on the evening of Friday, March 23 starting at 7 p.m.

Marcus Van Diver

The venue of Liberty Hall is scheduled to be filled to the brim on the evening of Friday, March 23, as the annual Ladies' Night Out: A Night of Vintage Fashion will take place from 7 to 9 p.m. The fashion show, dedicated to the celebration of old-fashioned garment and formal dress, will be a sight to see for those who will be attending the fashion show. 

Attendees can partake in delectable treats such as wine and cheese as they are presented with some of the most exquisite and exclusive showcase of Liberty Hall Museum's vintage clothing and accessories throughout the decades and centuries. Later, an informative Q&A session on the multitudinous fashion collection at the Liberty Hall Museum will take place to closing out the night.

Located directly across the Kean University Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) building, Liberty Hall is known as the home of New Jersey's first elected governor and signer of the constitution, William Livingston. Constructed in 1772, Liberty Hall has been around for a little over 200 years of American history. This 14-room Victorian-style mansion has seen the creation of Kean University in its tenured history, and its museum is the predominant reference point for anyone who wishes to learn about the University's past and the various historical occurrences in this nation's history that have happened in the northeast.

Fans of history and vintage fashion do not want to miss this night. With tickets starting out at $25 for adults and $20 for Kean alumni, the night will be dedicated to honoring the intricate designs and creativity that helped contribute to the development of the worldwide fashion choices that have affected cultures and societies to this day. Additionally, members of the Liberty Hall Museum will be granted a refund as well.

The historical artifacts of American and world fashion will be on display for the attendees of the fashion show, and for people who come to the night show, they will learn something new within this historically important museum.  

The fashion show will be an unforgettable and enjoyable experience for fashion and history lovers and for anyone who just wants a relaxing night to meet new people and socialize. For those interested in the event, reservations for the fashion show were required for completion on Friday, March 16. However, tickets are still available for purchase online at the Liberty Hall Museum page or by calling the official Liberty Hall phone number of (908) 527-0400.

Van Diver Marcus - web

Marcus Van Diver, Staff Writer
vandivem@kean.edu

Marcus Van Diver, a senior majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media, has been a Staff Writer for The Cougar’s Byte since October of 2016. He has aspirations of working in the field of sports media and wishes to be a broadcaster, journalist or radio host for any major news corporation. His hobbies include, reading, exercising and playing sports. He is an avid fan of his New York Giants, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia Phillies and New York Rangers.