Kean University's Counseling Center are holding a series of wellness workshops on campus until Tuesday, May 1. These workshops, specifically catered to students, will prioritize balance in the students through informative and influential discussions and exercises that optimize wellness for their futures, whether they are freshmen still undergoing the undergraduate process, or seniors who are waiting to get out into the working world.
The Kean Counseling Center is quite aware and sensitive to the components of each and every person's life on campus as whole and offer top-tier counseling services for those that need it. Located in Downs Hall, the Counseling Center is open to providing as much help as possible for the student body, so that they can acquire a sense of well-being enough to be the best students and people they can be.
For their wellness workshops, the Counseling Center will follow the eight principles of the wellness wheel, which are emotional wellness, environmental wellness, financial wellness, intellectual wellness, occupational wellness, physical wellness, social wellness and spiritual wellness. All of these dimensions on the wellness wheel describe wellness as:
- An active process through becoming aware of, and making choices toward, a better life
- A conscious and self-directed process of achieving one's full potential
- Positive and self-affirmation, and a multi-dimensional and whole-self lifestyle.
In order to optimize maximum wellness, the Counseling Center is offering these workshops for the student body throughout the rest of the semester. Some have already passed, but they are continuing for the rest of the month as each workshop will target a different dimension of the wellness wheel and focus on improving the knowledge behind them for those who attend. They are as listed as follows:
- Soup for the Soul Meeting: Praying the Examen: A Non-Denominational Meditation to Promote Spiritual Wellness - Thursday, April 5, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in the Miron Student Center (MSC) Room 315.
- Stress and Anxiety Relief - Thursday, April 12, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in MSC Room 226B.
- Healthy Sleep for a Healthier You - Thursday, April 19, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in MSC Room 226B.
- 5 Ways to Help a Friend in Distress - Monday, April 23, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in MSC Room 226B.
- Social Media Smarts: Keeping Online Time Positive and Healthy - Tuesday, May 1, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in MSC Room 226B.
The Kean University Counseling Center is located in Downs Hall, Room 127. For more information on the wellness workshops as well as what the wellness wheel is, visit their official webpage. Also, contact Vincent Kiefner, Ph. D., the director of the Counseling, Disability, Alcohol and Other Drug Services Program via his email, email@example.com or his phone number, (908) 737-4850 for any additional questions pertaining to the upcoming workshops.