Staged for a Great Year

A look into the Kean Stage 2019-2020 Program Lineup

Essentials > Staged for a Great Year
Staged for a Great Year
Kean Stage is dedicated to a mission of educating and entertaining the Kean community with diverse quality programming and connecting students to performances that will expand their learning beyond the classroom. Be sure to check out their great lineup of shows this academic year.
Brandon Gervais, Editor

Part of Kean University's mission of offering a world-class college experience is the presentation of world-class performances through Kean Stage. Each year, Kean Stage offers a variety of different performances, showcases, and plays of all kinds to bring students and members of the community to Kean for their enjoyment. These showcases take place around campus in one of Kean's many theatres.

Kean Stage is dedicated to a mission of educating and entertaining the school's community with diverse quality programming and connecting students to performances that will expand their learning beyond the classroom. Providing an affordable option to experience world-class performances, Kean Stage often offers opportunities to take trips to watch professional theatre, Broadway tours, dance companies and concert artists to students for a discounted rate ranging from $2 to $15. These trips are often planned in coordination with the Office of Student Government and P.U.L.S.E.

This academic year, Kean Stage is back with a whole new lineup of diverse programming for the Kean community to experience.

Kean Stage 2019-2020

Running from Sept. 5 through 22 in the Bauer Boucher Theatre Center located in Vaughn Eames Hall, "Yasmina's Necklace" is the story of a man fighting to remove himself from his cultural background and fully assimilate into an American society. During the show he meets a woman from his father's homeland that changes his view of himself and where he comes from. Yasmina's Necklace will be a running over the bulk of September with varying showtimes.

Kean Stage 2019-2020

Grammy award winning artist and rock & roll Hall of Fame member, Art Garfunkel, joins the Kean Stage lineup Sept. 21 at 7:30 p.m. and Sept. 22 at 3 p.m. in the Enlow Recital Hall, located on East Campus. There will be special performances of classic hits, select covers and readings from his 2017 autobiography "What Is It All But Luminous: Notes from an Underground Man."

Friday, Oct. 18 at 7:30 p.m., in the Enlow Recital Hall, the renowned Vienna Boys Choir will be holding a special performance. This choir is among the world's oldest performance ensembles and famed boys choirs dating back to the fifteenth century.

"ARTrageous" is a unique showcase produced by 12 artists and musicians who combine fine art with live music, singing, dancing and humor. This show is an explosion of movement, color and excitement. "ARTrageous" will be taking place Oct. 20 in Wilkins Theatre at 3 p.m.

Kean Stage 2019-2020

"Sunday in the Park with George" is a production running from Nov. 15 through 23, inspired by the painting, "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of the La Grande Jatte" by George Seurat is a story of life, love and the creation of art centered around the artist George Seurat as the focal character. This show will be running at varying showtimes throughout the month of November.

The Klezmatics are a renown Eastern European Jewish music group who have made a large impact over their 30 plus year career on Yiddish culture. They are keeping up and carrying on an old traditional art form by bringing their act to the Enlow Recital Hall, Sunday, Dec. 8 at 3 p.m.

Kean Stage 2019-2020

These events are only just a few of the exciting and entertaining shows and programs happening this semester. Kean Stage holds events all throughout the academic year that vary in interests, artists, groups and audiences. A full list of the Kean Stage 2019-2020 lineup can be found online on the Kean Stage website. There are programs that aim to educate students on the Kean community by placing a focus on culture, history and performance. Students can take advantage of the wide range of arts offered to them at Kean University by Kean Stage. Kean Stage hopes to see students at events during their upcoming season. For more information on Kean Stage, visit their website or contact them by emailing keanstage@kean.edu or calling (908) 737-7469. For information on tickets, email ticket@kean.edu or visit the Wilkins Theatre box office.

Brandon Gervais - web

Brandon Gervais, Editor
gervaisb@kean.edu

Brandon Gervais is a junior English education double major. Brandon works as an Editor for The Cougar’s Byte and originally joined the staff as a Staff Writer in November 2017. He is a part of the Leadership Institute as a Gold leader and has worked as a New Student Orientation Leader. In his free time, he is a performer for a world class independent competitive color guard team and coaches the Union High School Color Guard.