Stay in the Snow

How to stay in the know about changes to university schedule due to weather conditions

Campus Life > Stay in the Snow
Stay in the Snow
Utilizing one's Kean email is a must for understanding snow procedures.
Brandon Gervais, Editor

With the mostly cold Spring semester underway, it is important that students, faculty and staff of Kean University are informed and aware of policies when it comes to university closings, cancellations and delays.

There are a few things that could cause a change to the university's hours of operations. In some cases the university will close for the entire day due to the weather. Other times the university will announce that classes and university functions and events will close after a certain time, typically correlated to the weather's progression throughout a given day.

To be aware of these notifications, it is crucial that all students, staff and faculty are signed up for the CampusAlert™system through their Kean email and phone number. It would be a great inconvenience for members of the Kean community to commute in harsh weather conditions.

Using one's "@kean.edu" student email address as one's username, CampusAlert™ is a system that sends notifications to students to let them know important information about the functioning of Kean University. It is used to inform students and staff about closings, delays and any changes on campus that students should be aware of. 

It is important that students register for these alerts so they know when the campus is closing, or if they need to stay away from an area for any reason. Students can opt for automated phone calls and emails as well as text messages. More than one method of contact can be selected as preferred to get information in a timely fashion. 

To register for CampusAlert™or update one's alert settings, visit the CampusAlert™ website. Once there, follow the instructions on the right hand side.

The Kean University website will also display the most up-to-date information, with more details at www.kean.edu/campus-notice. Students should also keep updated on Kean social media accounts.

What is most important to the university is the safety and overall well being of Kean's community members. Students should be sure to check the Kean website for a short list of tips on driving and commuting in the harsh weather.

Brandon Gervais - web

Brandon Gervais, Editor
gervaisb@kean.edu

Brandon Gervais is a junior English education double major. Brandon works as an Editor for The Cougar’s Byte and originally joined the staff as a Staff Writer in November 2017. He is a part of the Leadership Institute as a Gold leader and has worked as a New Student Orientation Leader. In his free time, he is a performer for a world class independent competitive color guard team and coaches the Union High School Color Guard.