Research Days Online 2020

The annual forum for students to showcase their research will commence in an online format

Campus News > Research Days Online 2020
Research Days Online 2020
Research Days 2020 will debut online on Tuesday, April 28.
Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

Research Days is held by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP), whose goal is to expand the level and engagement of student-faculty research. This event is one of the ways that they encourage students to think beyond their limits and show their research abilities. With learning now being remote, ORSP recognizes that now more than ever, students need the opportunity to think creatively and expand their knowledge, which is why Research Days 2020 is going to be held online.

The event has been restructured to be a virtual experience, and it will be live on the Research Days webpage on Tuesday, April 28, with an accumulation of different media submitted by students. 

The first of that media is the Research Days Program Book, which is a full-color flipbook that one will be able to view virtually. It contains the contributing students’ and faculties' abstracts. Also, it will include information on the Research Days awards. This can be accessed on the Research Days website.

Student poster presentations, relating to their research, will be visible in high-resolution images. These will be organized by college for the viewers’ ease. 

Additionally, there will be oral presentations by students. Participants were encouraged to submit a three minute video regarding their project which will be uploaded to the Kean Research Days YouTube channel for the event.

Faculty will also host oral presentations, and viewers can find information about submissions on the “Faculty Presentations" tab on the Research Days webpage. These video submissions will go live on the Kean Research Days YouTube channel, for participants' viewing pleasure.

There will also be a guest speaker for the event, David Garcia, who earned a bachelor of arts in chemistry and bachelor of science in biology from Kean University. He is currently working toward his Ph.D. in chemistry from Brown University, which he is aiming to obtain in Spring of 2020. He is well versed in research, having studied the effect of oxygen on the metabolism of lung epithelial cells during his program. He will share his knowledge virtually at Research Days 2020. 

All members of the Kean Community are welcome and encouraged to attend the virtual Research Days to see the caliber and variety of knowledge presented by the student and faculty participants.

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.