Come Chat with The Counselor's Couch

The Kean Wellness Center introduces new series to students on mental health and wellness

Campus News > Come Chat with The Counselor's Couch
Come Chat with The Counselor's Couch
The Kean Wellness Center will be starting a new monthly workshop series called The Counselor’s Couch
Kean Counseling Center, Contributor

Beginning in March, the Kean Wellness Center will be starting a new monthly workshop series called The Counselor’s Couch. Each month, Counseling Center staff will present a topic related to mental health and wellness, followed by interactive and supportive discussions around the content. The series will take place on Wednesdays to support Kean University President Repollet’s Wellness Wednesday Initiative, with the goal of partnering up with student groups and offices to engage the entire Kean community.

The initial series, Micro-aggression and the Impact on Mental Health, will be led by Mei-Ling Cheng, LPC and managing assistant director, and Ashley Mondragon, clinical doctoral psychology extern. The event will be hosted over zoom on Wednesday, March 17 at noon and is being co-sponsored by The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion

If your office or student group is interested in co-sponsoring a Counselor’s Couch series, or have a specific topic you would like to see included, please reach out to the Counseling Center for more information!

Be sure to stay updated and check out more events from the Kean Wellness Center by visiting their Cougar Link page.