Tune In for This Year's Virtual Research Days

The 2021 Virtual Research Days are being held on April

Campus News > Tune In for This Year's Virtual Research Days
Kevin Pak, a senior, presented a project with hopes to prevent cancer at Research Days in 2017.
Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer

Research Days is an annual event where students and faculty alike come together to share their research efforts. While this event is typically held in person, this year it will be held online. The 2021 Virtual Research Days will transpire on Tues. April 27 and Weds. April 28. 

At this event, the presenters will be sharing their personally conducted research and data either individually or in groups. This is a great opportunity for participants to network, collaborate and grow professionally. 

The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs hosts this event annually to help aid in their efforts to expand the level and engagement of student-faculty research. 

On April 27, attendees can view presentations on the website. For example, there will be presentations by various colleges, the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the Division of Student Success and Retention, Office of Institutional Effectiveness. These are all pre-recorded presentations that will go live on the website. Additionally, oral presentations that are pre-recorded by faculty and students will also go live on the website for attendees to view. 

On April 28, the Digital Poster Exhibition will take place. These are presentations made by both undergraduate and graduate students. These posters will be filterable and searchable for the attendees based on the various Colleges. The students that submitted the posters have the option to add a pre-recorded video to go along with the visual poster. 

People planning on going to the event should register as an attendee. Students may need to create an account on the Research Days website if one does not have one already. First, select ‘Register as an attendee’ and then either submit an email and password if one has an account or select ‘Create your Profile’ if one does not have a profile.

Then, one will enter in their first and last name, email, phone number and create a password.  

For more information regarding the 2021 Research Days, be sure to reach out to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs can be emailed at orsp@kean.edu.

Sheehan Shannon - web

Shannon Sheehan, Staff Writer
sheehsha@kean.edu

Shannon Sheeehan is a Junior Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. She joined The Cougar's Byte staff in Spring 2018. After her time at Kean, Shannon hopes to start her professional career in Public Relations and/or Social Media.