New College of Business and Public Management Building

Set to be completed in 2020, the new facility will be state of the art

Campus News > New College of Business and Public Management Building

The new building for the College of Business and Public Management is set to open in 2020.

Brandon Gervais, Editor

Construction will begin shortly for a new building for the College of Business and Public Management at Kean University's Union campus. Expected to be completed in 2020, the building will be state of the art in business education.

This new building will serve as a home for the entire College of Business and Public Management undergraduate and graduate programs. The space will be 90,000 square feet and include an auditorium, a "Bloomberg room", classrooms, study lounges, a virtual "library in the sky" and a rooftop deck with a view of Manhattan.

To be built where the Merck company building once stood across from the Green Lane Academic Building, the new structure will be next to a new housing neighborhood with apartments and retail spaces, which are also currently under construction. 

“It will be beautiful, spacious, modern, and an anchor to our newest property and to our newly developing neighborhood. Most of all, it is designed with the students in mind at every turn,” Felice Vazquez, Kean’s vice president for planning, told Kean News. “Kean is a global world-class university, and this project gives the College of Business and Public Management a building fitting of the label, with a sixth-floor view of Manhattan to match.” 

The construction contract was signed to Natoli Construction Corp., of Pinebrook. The building will put into work the goals of the College of Business and Public Management. Kean encourages its students to be at the forefront of technology and education. This building, with all of its features, will surround students within these majors with cutting edge equipment for business education.

"The new building will be a state of the art facility reflective of President Farahi's commitment to student-centered education. The space provides an inspiring setting for enhanced student-faculty research collaboration through many avenues including an innovative digital learning library, Bloomberg lab, and classrooms sufficient to serve the University's largest college. With an unobstructed view of midtown and lower Manhattan, the epicenter of global commerce, our students have a visual reminder of the unmatched  professional opportunities available at our doorstep," said Dave Farrokh, assisting dean of the College of Business and Public Management.

The College of Business and Public Management works to prepare students to work in the business world. With the stressing of the importance of internships, the college is adamant on beginning experiences as soon as possible to be prepared for full careers in business. Annually, the College of Business and Public Management holds a business plan competition to honor and award students who compete. 

Being that it is one of Kean's largest colleges, it is no wonder that they will be receiving this building to impact the many students majoring in business here at Kean University.

For more information about the College of Business and Public Management and their seven undergraduate programs and four graduate programs, visit their page on the university website.

Brandon Gervais - web

Brandon Gervais, Editor
gervaisb@kean.edu

Brandon Gervais is a junior English education double major. Brandon works as an Editor for The Cougar’s Byte and originally joined the staff as a Staff Writer in November 2017. He is a part of the Leadership Institute as a Gold leader and has worked as a New Student Orientation Leader. In his free time, he is a performer for a world class independent competitive color guard team and coaches the Union High School Color Guard.