Cougar Link: A Place To Find Opportunities

Redirecting students to the directory for student involvement

Campus Life > Cougar Link: A Place To Find Opportunities

Sign in to these opportunities

Joanna Kristine Ninal, Staff Writer

Ever wonder if there are any events occurring at Kean University? Is it conflicting which student group, honor society or Greek organization to join? Have a struggle with keeping count on how many service hours, clubs or awards have been collected throughout their university years?

Cougar Link is Kean University’s online tracking system that keeps track of all types of involvement for a student, as well as all the types of service that has been completed.

Students become heroes when they volunteer.

Introduced in January 2010, Cougar Link provides students with events that happen on campus, the multiple types of clubs and groups there are, volunteer opportunities and their co-curricular transcript (CCT).

Every recognized student organization or club can post their meetings on Cougar Link and spread the word of their group. In addition, students who want to join a club can request membership on the website and have it recorded on their CCT once they are accepted.

The CCT program records every students’ involvement on campus. It can be accessed by logging onto Cougar Link. After clicking on the student’s name, they should click on their involvement. They are then brought to their involvement profile which shows everything from the student groups they are part of to their CCT.

“The CCT program is designed to encourage significant student involvement in the learning process by documenting academic experiences that take place outside the classroom. The CCT serves to accentuate the student’s personal journey and provides a holistic view of a student’s skills and abilities. It can increase a student’s marketability to prospective employers and graduate schools,” excerpted from the CCT page.

There are multiple ways to improve one’s CCT. Students can join a club, Greek organization, honor society or an academic department.

There are so many reasons why it is important to be involved on campus. It opens the door to a wide arrangement of opportunities. Find out the perks of being involved on campus!

Who knows? Maybe after being involved on campus for a long time, some students may be inspired to take up leadership roles. Read about specific leadership roles students can take up.

Cougar Link provides other useful information besides the types of clubs or events that are on campus. Faculty and students can find out one’s e-mail through Cougar Link without having to look up email addresses or phone numbers. Mail that is sent through Cougar Link is directly sent towards their Kean Email.

Other than being an online tracking program, every student organization uses Cougar Link to post student elections, upload documents and even post their group’s constitution.

Every student and faculty should know the basics of Cougar Link, for it can be confusing without any prior knowledge. Near the year of graduation, students are recommended to pass down information on how to use Cougar Link to their club members or peers to ease the struggle.

Cougar Link can be accessed from both a computer and a mobile device. It is currently powered by Corq.

On Kean’s website, there are guides and FAQs that can help those who need help with figuring out Cougar Link.

If there are any questions with how to work Cougar Link, students and/or faculty are free to stop by any room with the Center for Leadership and Service located to the Miron Student Center to receive assistance with the site.

Otherwise, for more information about Cougar Link, please email cougarlink@kean.edu.

Joanna Kristine Ninal - web

Joanna Kristine Ninal, Staff Writer
ninaljo@kean.edu

Joanna Kristine Ninal is an English education double major with minors in Asian and Chinese studies. Ninal works as a Staff Writer for The Cougar's Byte since fall 2016. Ninal loves to play video games, such as “Overwatch” and “Final Fantasy XIV”, as well as create projects such as videos, stories and scripts in her free time. She loves to read and write, especially dramatic and romantic themes in young adult literature like the Harry Potter series and the To All The Boys I've Loved Before series. Her goal in life is to be an English teacher and travel around to teach in countries such as Japan, China and South Korea.